Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Was wondering about that, too. Also love the new steering wheel. Wish we'd get the S3 over here in the US, that would be the perfect car for me :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looks great!

That steering wheel is just like the RS4 steering wheel that we get in Australia.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I saw that article and was interested in the fact that it hinted at iPod functionality. Perhaps we'll see an adapter from Audi?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Isn't there already an adaptor available from Audi??

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Alister said:
Isn't there already an adaptor available from Audi??
It's in the Audi price lists in the UK.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Audi iPod adapter is available for a while now, recently Audi started offering a factory fit with cradle in the glovebox. But it doesn't offer more than the IceLink.

·
Registered
530 Posts
smash said:
I saw that article and was interested in the fact that it hinted at iPod functionality. Perhaps we'll see an adapter from Audi?
Part number is 8E0 051 444 and it should cost around $190 USD.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
smash said:
Yeah. I'll be interested to see if it offers better than the current iPod functionality. Can you say retrofit? :p
Every publication about the OEM iPod adapter says that it can only be ordered without CD changer. This implies that all Audi iPod adapters are using the CD changer port and therefore will not display any text on the head unit. And until Audi releases a device that is using CAN, this will not change. It has to be Audi because with the current software the only hooks for audio in with text are the routines for SAT/DAB radio.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts