Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I need the help of the experts on this one. [-o< I installed a Euro RNSe in my 2007 A4 with Symphony II+ / NON BOSE. I have the quad lock connector, so it plugged right into the back of the RNS.

The unit is running 0260 firmware, revision q, from 2007. It was previously installed in a B6 S4 with symphony cassette and all speakers worked fine.

Now the problems I'm stuck on: I have NO SOUND from rear speakers. When I searched I came across threads referring to the rear amplifier not working? How can I get the rear speakers to work? I thought the quad lock was a plug n play install?

Also, I have a 2008 Nav Disc which I haven't put in the unit yet. Would the new disc somehow solve this? I was hesitant to put the disc in until I got the sound issue resolved. Does the car need to be vag'd, or do I need to splice something in the harness?

Everything works flawless with the unit (sirius, nav using sharkfin), I just want the rear speakers to work again.

Thanks so much for your help!

357 Posts
No the harness won't help you as you already have the quadlock plug. The Bose option has the amp power all 4 speakers I believe, that's why your rear speakers are not playing any sounds. I believe you will need to recode it.

The disc won't affect anything, so go ahead and use it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I came across an older post from someone that did the swap on a 2007 a4 like mine with non bose.

He moved the pin from C7 to B5, which corrected the problem. I'm going to try to move the pin this weekend and see if that turns the rear speakers back on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the exact post:

"The amount of useful information everyone contributed made the upgrade on my 2007.5 A4 from the stock Symphony II+ to the RNS-E a breeze. It was by far much simpler than I though it would be. As others have said, there is no need for any wiring adapters. The audio connector and the radio connector fit perfectly. The only change required to the audio connector was to move pin C7 to B5; and that was straight forward as well.

I have decided to mount the GPS antenna under the dash behind the instrument cluster for now. I've got about 7 sattelites so it's not really that bad. I am planing to make use of the roof-mounted sharkfin antenna later anyway (can't do it now because I propably need to invest in the Bentley Service Manual, which hopefully would show me how to open up some interior headliner trims and the glove compartment). I'll try to document and post anything I find useful.

I would also need to vag-com code the Nav unit so that it can interface with the DIS and the factory Bluetooth. So far, it works well with the MFSW.

A couple of notes for those who are planning to do this upgrade:

1. As you swap the pin (from C7 to B5), you would have to remove the small connectors from the quadlock connector and remove the plastic adapter covers from these small connectors to see the pin well. Be careful not to let the plastic adapter covers falling inside the car's audio well. I did that with one of the plastic covers and couldn't find it. I was reluctant to open up other components just to try to find it and ended up using one taken out from the audio adapter supplied with the RNS-E purchase (which I didn't need).

2. When installing the GPS antenna behind the instrument cluster, you only need to remove two T20 Torx screws and lift out the instrument cluster. There is plenty of room behind for the small GPS antenna (it's really small and not as big as I though). There is NO need to remove the connectors behind the cluster and there is NO need to open up the lower kick panel as some have suggested either. Just pull the cluster out. The way I did this was to place some shipping tape on top of the cluster and pulled on the tape to help wiggle the cluster out of its place. It was easy.

3. Use a lot of masking tape to cover areas that may possibly be scratched with all your upgrade activities. I used the masking tape to cover almost everything in the path of the instrument cluster and the center audio area. It would give you the peace of mind.

This forum is a wonderful place to learn about the Nav. If anyone has any questions about this install, feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to help out."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's the exact post:

"The amount of useful information everyone contributed made the upgrade on my 2007.5 A4 from the stock Symphony II+ to the RNS-E a breeze. It was by far much simpler than I though it would be. As others have said, there is no need for any wiring adapters. The audio connector and the radio connector fit perfectly. The only change required to the audio connector was to move pin C7 to B5; and that was straight forward as well.

I have decided to mount the GPS antenna under the dash behind the instrument cluster for now. I've got about 7 sattelites so it's not really that bad. I am planing to make use of the roof-mounted sharkfin antenna later anyway (can't do it now because I propably need to invest in the Bentley Service Manual, which hopefully would show me how to open up some interior headliner trims and the glove compartment). I'll try to document and post anything I find useful.

I would also need to vag-com code the Nav unit so that it can interface with the DIS and the factory Bluetooth. So far, it works well with the MFSW.

A couple of notes for those who are planning to do this upgrade:

1. As you swap the pin (from C7 to B5), you would have to remove the small connectors from the quadlock connector and remove the plastic adapter covers from these small connectors to see the pin well. Be careful not to let the plastic adapter covers falling inside the car's audio well. I did that with one of the plastic covers and couldn't find it. I was reluctant to open up other components just to try to find it and ended up using one taken out from the audio adapter supplied with the RNS-E purchase (which I didn't need).

2. When installing the GPS antenna behind the instrument cluster, you only need to remove two T20 Torx screws and lift out the instrument cluster. There is plenty of room behind for the small GPS antenna (it's really small and not as big as I though). There is NO need to remove the connectors behind the cluster and there is NO need to open up the lower kick panel as some have suggested either. Just pull the cluster out. The way I did this was to place some shipping tape on top of the cluster and pulled on the tape to help wiggle the cluster out of its place. It was easy.

3. Use a lot of masking tape to cover areas that may possibly be scratched with all your upgrade activities. I used the masking tape to cover almost everything in the path of the instrument cluster and the center audio area. It would give you the peace of mind.

This forum is a wonderful place to learn about the Nav. If anyone has any questions about this install, feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to help out."
did you get your rear speakers working? I’m in the same spot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts