Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a factory installed RNS-E on my A3 8P which came with a (8P0-919-884C) Navteq DVD for Europe. The DVD is not including Greece, the place I live.

The new 2006 DVD (8P0-919-884J) is not including Greece also.

Through search, I found that another new 2006 DVD (4E0-919-884AA) includes Greece BUT the dealer says that it's only for RNS-E on A6, A8 and Q7. I know they have different part numbers but I thought that it's only for fitting in the console.

Is there a hardware difference between A3-A4 and A6-A8-Q7 or you suggest to buy the 4E0-919-884AA???

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Buy a new A6 to get coverage for greece

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The 4E0 919 884 AA DVD WILL NOT WORK in your RNS-E - don't waste your money buying it.

It will ONLY work in the MMI system on an A6 or A8 (& Q7? - maybe).

Don't be confused by the startup screen on the RNS-E that says "MMI" - that just means it uses the MMI style of interface.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot "tontolbote" and "PetrolDave". You save my money because I was ready to buy it, considering my startup screen which writes MMI.

"craigyb", what a sense!!! I'm shivering... When you come to Greece for vacations, don't ask for my new A6. :p

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
They are basically all MMI because Multi Media Interface is what you see TV / NAV / SD / CS / XM / etc....

That's why you see it on the screen. The difference is that new A6 / A8 platform have in-dash units where only monitor mechanism is placed in dash controls next to shifter and the rest is a separate box. Since new A6 / A8 have more functionality, their nav's sytem is a little bit more complicated and have morefeatures (xar diagnostics etc.).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts