Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, As per my earlier post, I have recently upgraded my Syphoney II to RNS-e. Within the Engineer screen of the RNS-e the coding section is set to 309213.

Is the code been picked up from the Audi on board system or this is this a general info?

Going through the code, does it mean that

3 = A4
0 = Diag Active
9 = Bose Soundsystem
2 = Mobile phone (temic)
1 = default - option1
3 = cd-changer

Need to understand where is this code been picked up from.

thanks you.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
This is the coding stored in your RNS-E to adapt some of it functions to your car. If you have an A4 with the Bose sound system then the coding is correct. If the coding is not correct, a dealer or someone with a VAG-COM can change the coding to match you car, your sound system or any other option installed.

·
Registered
530 Posts
So given that what would be the correct coding for an A4 without Bose, phone (using Moto aftermarket bluetooth kit) or MFSW, but with a CD changer?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Actually, where in the engineering mode did you access this info?

I just tried to find it in my engineering mode (H46, SW 0110) but couldn't see it.. :?:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the code from the forum link below:
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73

With regards to the Engineer mode on RNS-E do this:
1. turn rns off
2. turn rns on
3. press and relase the NAV button
4. press and hold for 5 sec the Top Left button and release
5. press and hold for 5 sec the Top Right ¬ button

this shoud get you in the Engineer screen and under that you will see Coding, it looks like this
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2493

from the code link above you will be able work out what your settings are.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The coding page is only a feature of the Euro 0330 or newer software, it's not available in the US software.

·
Registered
530 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The coding page is only a feature of the Euro 0330 or newer software, it's not available in the US software.
OK, that explains it then. I've got a Euro-spec RNS-E (that's what Australia uses) but am running SW 0110.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.