Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was curious to know if it's possible to use an RNS-E without its unlock code? or if it's possible to get around it?

I'm asking because there's quite a few for sale without the unlock code...

Thanks guys
David

·
Registered
530 Posts
Surely they must be stolen.

If you lost your unlock code and were the legitimate owner, wouldn't you just pop back in to your dealer and get the unlock code from them?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Alister, it's motlking from ozaudi forums :)

You would think so but I don't know...I find it really hard to communicate with these German sellers :?

BTW, I know you thought your retrofit was a very big job but I am going to try and fit an A6 unit into my A3 8L (it's been done before) do you think it will be much harder than your job?

·
Registered
530 Posts
David,

I had the same issues as I was buying from a German seller who spoke very little English.. It leads to a little anxiety and frustration when you've sent off your 'hard earned' and can't communicate properly with the seller when you're wondering where the unit is!

I'm not familiar with the process in an A3 but can't imagine it would be too different from what it involved in the A4.

Is the A6 RNS-E the correct unit for retrofitting in a first gen A3 (8L)? If not, you could potentially have to do some 'modifying' of the faceplate.

I'm sure someone here has done the job before so a search will probably be the best place to start!

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
unlock code would be awsome, my old comand in my c class did not have a unlock code... i have unplugged tat thing soo many times..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.