Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does someone know whether the RNS-E is compatible with the Bose Sound System? Heard that it is coded for 4 speakers and that connecting it to the Bose system might challenging. Someone familiar with that ?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
After proper coding and with the correct adapter the RNS-E works fine with Bose and non-Bose systems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The other prob I heard is that the coding page is not always available (older software). If I face this problem, do I have to ugrade the software first ? How can I do so ? Or can I just "force" the right coding with the VAG-COM?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The coding may not be shown in engineering mode but with VAG-COM coding is always possible if the correct VAG-COM version and cable is used.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Since you can't change the coding from in Engineering Mode, you always have to change the coding using VAG-COM anyhow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for clarfying. Next question is: which interface do I need with the VAG-Com? Some say that the bus CAN is needed, others think that it can communicate through the K line (i.e. HEX without CAN would do). Anybody familiar with the RNS-E re-coding ?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In the A3 8P you need a CAN interface, in the A4 B5/B6/B7 and A6 C5 a dual k-line interface is sufficient.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for this prompt answer but I am a bit confused: if I am correct I need to "re-code" the RNS-E itself, how come there is a difference between the A3 and the A4/A6 since the device must be pretty much the same for all the cars?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Some cars have diagnostics via CAN (like the A3 8P), some others have diagnostics via k-line (like the A4 B6/B7). Since you are using the diagnostics connection in the car to code the RNS-E, you have to use the correct interface dependent on the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it is even simpler (or worse...): I do not have a wire in the RNS-E quadlock connector B pin 5... I do not even have a connector B...
Where should I go from here? Buy a new adapter? How can I be sure it is the right one this time ? Have a European 2003 Audi S4 (B6), a Concert radio (single to double din conversion almost done), Bose Sound System and a 8E0 035 192 D RNS-E.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts