Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
This is not an RNS-E killer because it is not an OEM part. Installing this will decrease the resale value of your car instead of increasing it by installing OEM parts. This will also not integrate with your steering wheel controls or your instrument cluster, and the pioneer bluetooth add on to some of their nav systems leaves a great deal to be desired when it comes to call quality. Also, XM and Sirius are NOT included in the D3, if you read closely, you still have to get an external tuner to receive either service. Finally, XM navtraffic will only work for you if you are in one of the 20-30 major cities that it services. That covers a great deal of people, but also leaves out a great many more.

That being said, I have hands on experience with the Z1 which is similar to this D3 and it is a very nice system. I like many things about the unit, and the options it provides, but I do NOT like the touchscreen better than MMI. I also don't like the voice commands of the unit because they are usually wrong and you have to keep going back through the voice menus.

What it comes down to is your choice. It is your car and if you like the features of the pioneer over the OEM system then get it!

Now, if only I could get my RNS-E to do an automatic backup camera!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts