Audi Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would like that but it looks like the oem knobs are not sold separately. I cannot find on etka any part number. The only part numbers I can find are for TT RNS Low and as I read before it looks like these will not fit to RNS-E... Can you tell me any part number for oem ones?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
PetrolDave said:
I also have their metal rings on my headrest adjustment buttons, my light switch and my sunroof switch.
Isn't the additional weight significantly slowing down your RS4?
I just eat one less bagel for breakfast!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ended up getting the metal covers from ebay - aluringe24 is the seller. No glue required on mine - just pushed on and fit great. I don't think they look tacky at all, infact I think they look rather good 8). Pretty good value too @£16 for the set :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
There was a set of genuine Audi Chrome knobs on German ebay a few weeks ago - item number 170213109361. Bidding ended at 61 euros! LOL. No Audi part number was given in the ad though :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ebay item says A4 8E A3 8P TT, so must be RNS-E. It also shows them fitted to the RNS-E.
I bought a set, they fit, sort of. I think Audi realized how shitty the original RNS-E knob design was and redesigned it with a multi-piece part that is also reinforced to prevent fatigue and failure.

The offset of the volume knob is more positive, moving it outward so on the B6/B7 RNS-E models it appears to leave a gap, I sanded the mount hole down a vast amount to solve this but it isn't perfect. They also added splines to the design which the original RNS-E has a smooth surface press-on design. The grooves had to be removed via sanding as well.

What a pain in the ass, I'll post pictures later but I'd avoid them unless you can allocate the true Euro B7 silver trimmed knobs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
8P0 919 070 A - rotary knob 4 volume control, chrome right lower
8P0 919 069 A - rotary knob 4 menu guide, chrome right upper

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Has anyone managed to figure out the part numbers for the MK 2 TT selector knob & volume knob, the one that matches the vents that seem gun metal & indented, as I have searched high & low & so far nothing & etka is useless on this one & parts guys who I consider the best are struggling, even new TT's dont have them, wondering if its country specific & they are also on the rns-low unit as have checked items for sale on the bay & they both have them.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts