Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guys over on audi4ever.at claim that one can order the RNS-E knobs as spare parts using the following part numbers:
8P0 919 070 - volume
8P0 919 069 - MMI
Can anybody confirm this?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The guys over on audi4ever.at claim that one can order the RNS-E knobs as spare parts using the following part numbers:
8P0 919 070 - volume
8P0 919 069 - MMI
Can anybody confirm this?
And if that's true - are the later (2006.5 MY) versions with the knurled metal outer also available with different suffix letter(s)?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The RNS-E doesn't have the metal ring on the knobs, that's just the radios, if I'm not mistaken. An a new posting in the original topic seems to indicate that those part numbers are for the Concert II+ and not for the RNS-E.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is a lot of complete faceplate at eBay, this may means that it can be buyed as spare part somewhere :?: For example, take a look at item 150175363788 (ebay.de)

Regards

·
Registered
479 Posts
OK found the knobs in ETKA, searched under "radio" for each model car !

A4
000 059 547 G - rotary knob for - LEFT a. RIGHT - Symphony ll - £18.00 !!!

8E0 059 528 A - rotary knob for - LEFT - Chorus ll+ / Concert ll+ / Symphony ll+ - £0.00

8E0 059 528 B - rotary knob for - RIGHT - Chorus ll+ / Concert ll+ / Symphony ll+ - £0.00

4D0 051 530 - Release Tool (2) - £4.15
8E0 051 530 - Release Tool (4) - £0.00

TT
8J0 059 528 - rotary knob for - LEFT
8J0 059 528 A - rotary knob for - RIGHT

What Model has the metal knobs & I'll check & post

Dave

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dave.G6HNI said:
OK found the knobs in ETKA, searched under "radio" for each model car !

A4
000 059 547 G - rotary knob for - LEFT a. RIGHT - Symphony ll - £18.00 !!!

8E0 059 528 A - rotary knob for - LEFT - Chorus ll+ / Concert ll+ / Symphony ll+ - £0.00

8E0 059 528 B - rotary knob for - RIGHT - Chorus ll+ / Concert ll+ / Symphony ll+ - £0.00

4D0 051 530 - Release Tool (2) - £4.15
8E0 051 530 - Release Tool (4) - £0.00

TT
8J0 059 528 - rotary knob for - LEFT
8J0 059 528 A - rotary knob for - RIGHT

What Model has the metal knobs & I'll check & post

Dave
Could you search for the TT (8J) RNS-E, (this unit has the metal knobs). They are also fitted to the BNS 5.0 (RNS LOW) on the TT.

Part number of the RNS-E is 8J0 035 192.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well I had to search under "navigation" to find the RNS-E...

And just below the release tool is listed...

8J0 059 528 - rotary knob - left

8J0 059 528A - rotary knob - right

but I'm not convinced they are definitely RNS-E knobs ???

:idea: EDIT :idea:

OK Found them for sure - TT - RNS "LOW" not RNS-E :!:

8J0 919 070 - upper right - small - £9.78
8J0 919 069 - lower right - large - £18.32

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dave.G6HNI said:
Well I had to search under "navigation" to find the RNS-E...

And just below the release tool is listed...

8J0 059 528 - rotary knob - left

8J0 059 528A - rotary knob - right

but I'm not convinced they are definitely RNS-E knobs ???
I think the fact that it is saying LEFT and RIGHT means that they are not for RNS-E, but the lower spec Headunits.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Are you sure that's the RNS-E and not the BNS5.0?

What's the part number for item 1 in that picture?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well PD, the Nav Unit (Item #1) has a part # 8J0 035 192 J and has in Remarks "RNS LOW" ???

:oops: Just updated Image above to include item 1 & RNS-E :oops:

·
Registered
91 Posts
PetrolDave said:
Are you sure that's the RNS-E and not the BNS5.0?

What's the part number for item 1 in that picture?
I'm not certain, but I think RNS-E and BNS 5.0 use the same Knobs. I can check this tonight because I still have my old BNS 5.0 unit 8) . £18 for a knob though - they are having a laugh! I'm sure there was a guy on ebay selling a metal knob kit for about £12.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I got a metal knob kit from www.tachoringe.de (I think!) along with lots of others nice metal interior trim pieces, but the metal knob trims from them are smooth and the 2006.5 cars have knurled knobs (like there was on the Symphony II fitted when I collected my RS4) - that's what I want.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've just tried the large BNS 5.0 knob on the RNS-E - it doesn't fit :(. I couldn't get the small one off, but it is not knurled anyway, so no better than the one you can buy from Dave's supplier above.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
In Dave's edited post the replacement knobs are only shown against the RNS Low (i.e. the BNS 5.0) and not the RNS-E - so it's not surprising that they don't fit the RNS-E!

·
Registered
91 Posts
PetrolDave said:
In Dave's edited post the replacement knobs are only shown against the RNS Low (i.e. the BNS 5.0) and not the RNS-E - so it's not surprising that they don't fit the RNS-E!
It's not as far out as you might think though. The large knob on the RNS LOW is exactly the same diameter as the RNS-E one. It looked like it was going to fit at first, but the only difference is the length of the knob's splined shaft that grips onto the rotary mechanism. The RNS LOW mechanism is set further back, so requires a longer shaft. It could be made to fit the RNS-E if you dremeled back this part on the knob. I'll get some piccies up to explain this better! Thing is though, it's £18! AND it's made out of plastic NOT metal :lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
PetrolDave said:
I got a metal knob kit from www.tachoringe.de (I think!) along with lots of others nice metal interior trim pieces, but the metal knob trims from them are smooth and the 2006.5 cars have knurled knobs (like there was on the Symphony II fitted when I collected my RS4) - that's what I want.
I would like to buy the metal knob kit from them too. How did you fit them? The current knobs are replaced or the metal rings have to be solder?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
CeldeSuS said:
I would like to buy the metal knob kit from them too. How did you fit them? The current knobs are replaced or the metal rings have to be solder?
Neither, they supply a tube of modelling adhesive and you (very carefully) apply a small drop of adhesive and slide the metal ring over the existing knob.

I also have their metal rings on my headrest adjustment buttons, my light switch and my sunroof switch.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PetrolDave said:
I also have their metal rings on my headrest adjustment buttons, my light switch and my sunroof switch.
Isn't the additional weight significantly slowing down your RS4?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts