Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NAVTEQ released new version of data for Audi RNS-E.
New map part #8P0 919 884 P

I spoke with NAVTEQ just before Thanksgiving and they didn't have approval for release yet. From what I was told they will be available before Christmas.

The only available now DVDs are coming directly from main plant in Germany and Belgium.

Please post all findings about new release.
I also suggest to report any map errors directly to NAVTEQ.
This will help improve map data for future releases.

Use link below to submit your findings:
http://update.navteq.com/df_form.asp?language=en&Submit=Submit

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got the message from NAVTEQ about new release.
Their catalog name is: 2007.1 Audi Aisin DVD

It is not available on their site yet but it is available for phone orders.
Price as usual $199 + tax + shipping

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
additionally to AudiA4B6US findings:

- THE DISCLAIMER WILL BE GONE
- The MUTE feature will make it finally to North America
- The MIX function will stay activated when pressing the next/prev track buttons
- With route guidance enabled the first line in the DIS now shows the first characters of the songs title (instead of MP3)
- In radio mode, Memory got renamed to Presets
- The older 2A DVD (and likely the 1A DVD as well) will work with the new software
- The new software is more picky about backup disks but has no copy protection like the Euro 0330+ DVDs have.
- New map data is supposed to be included as well.
- And did I mention that the disclaimer will no longer show up when turning on the RNS-E?
- Still no sign of TMC though (I guess we have to wait for that at least a year after UK got it)
- Also no information about SDS.
...there is one more I just found today.
Finally we have 3D highway exit preview (same as European version)
[siteimg:a98b20adc8]188[/siteimg:a98b20adc8]

·
Registered
142 Posts
2007 DVD version

Is everyone that upgraded to 2007 version of the Map DVD happy? I wanted to know if anyone seen signal lost etc. I wanted to order from NavTach but wanted to know before I ordered.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Re: 2007 DVD version

msharifi said:
Is everyone that upgraded to 2007 version of the Map DVD happy? I wanted to know if anyone seen signal lost etc. I wanted to order from NavTach but wanted to know before I ordered.

Thanks
The firmware has nothing to do with losing satellite signals. I have used all three firmwares in my car and my sat reception has remained constant throughout.

·
Registered
117 Posts
jwilker said:
anyone know if the steering wheel controls will now move through presets? or still just scroll through the tuner?

J
In Europe it scrolls through the presets if your RNS-E is set on the memory page, otherwise it will scroll through the tuner.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
initiala4 said:
I just got that original disc...somehow my nav doesnt seemed to recognize the disc at all
What is the NAVVER and AUDVER shown in engineering mode?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.