Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NAVTEQ released new version of data for Audi RNS-E.
New map part #8P0 919 884 P

I spoke with NAVTEQ just before Thanksgiving and they didn't have approval for release yet. From what I was told they will be available before Christmas.

The only available now DVDs are coming directly from main plant in Germany and Belgium.

Please post all findings about new release.
I also suggest to report any map errors directly to NAVTEQ.
This will help improve map data for future releases.

Use link below to submit your findings:
http://update.navteq.com/df_form.asp?language=en&Submit=Submit

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got the message from NAVTEQ about new release.
Their catalog name is: 2007.1 Audi Aisin DVD

It is not available on their site yet but it is available for phone orders.
Price as usual $199 + tax + shipping

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
additionally to AudiA4B6US findings:

- THE DISCLAIMER WILL BE GONE
- The MUTE feature will make it finally to North America
- The MIX function will stay activated when pressing the next/prev track buttons
- With route guidance enabled the first line in the DIS now shows the first characters of the songs title (instead of MP3)
- In radio mode, Memory got renamed to Presets
- The older 2A DVD (and likely the 1A DVD as well) will work with the new software
- The new software is more picky about backup disks but has no copy protection like the Euro 0330+ DVDs have.
- New map data is supposed to be included as well.
- And did I mention that the disclaimer will no longer show up when turning on the RNS-E?
- Still no sign of TMC though (I guess we have to wait for that at least a year after UK got it)
- Also no information about SDS.
...there is one more I just found today.
Finally we have 3D highway exit preview (same as European version)
[siteimg:a98b20adc8]188[/siteimg:a98b20adc8]

·
Registered
142 Posts
2007 DVD version

Is everyone that upgraded to 2007 version of the Map DVD happy? I wanted to know if anyone seen signal lost etc. I wanted to order from NavTach but wanted to know before I ordered.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Re: 2007 DVD version

msharifi said:
Is everyone that upgraded to 2007 version of the Map DVD happy? I wanted to know if anyone seen signal lost etc. I wanted to order from NavTach but wanted to know before I ordered.

Thanks
The firmware has nothing to do with losing satellite signals. I have used all three firmwares in my car and my sat reception has remained constant throughout.

·
Registered
117 Posts
jwilker said:
anyone know if the steering wheel controls will now move through presets? or still just scroll through the tuner?

J
In Europe it scrolls through the presets if your RNS-E is set on the memory page, otherwise it will scroll through the tuner.

·
Registered
33 Posts
bummer. was really hoping that was just something no one mentioned. :(

Yeah in radio preset screen if goes through presets everywhere else it scrolls tuner. what a lame function.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
initiala4 said:
I just got that original disc...somehow my nav doesnt seemed to recognize the disc at all
What is the NAVVER and AUDVER shown in engineering mode?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
initiala4 said:
I just got that original disc...somehow my nav doesnt seemed to recognize the disc at all
Maybe your INDEX number for US swap is higher and 0150 can't be triggered to update?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.