Audi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just bought a TV Tuner (part# 4DO 919 146 C) to work alongside my RNS-E headunit, though when connected it simply doesn't seem to show up on my headuinit (as a source, etc). I've noticed the cable used to connect the two units has some spare wires which aren't connected anywhere at the headunit side. Was I ment to connect these anywhere? Of the main two unconnected spare wires, one is brown and one is red with a green stripe. Your help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
515 Posts
do you have a European or US RNS-E??.. only the European has been confirmed to work with the OEM TV tuner..

any chance the spare wires are CAN-H and CAN-L??.. that would explain why it is not showing up.. the TV tuner tells the RNS-E it is present over CAN.. with out CAN the RNS-E would not know the TV tuner is there..

good luck..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After some helpful info. from the seller

Since some enlightenment from the seller of the tuner it seems...

The four spare wires are...

GREY/WHITE - CAN 1
GREY/RED - CAN 2

BROWN - GROUND
RED/BLUE - 12V POSITIVE

He doesn't know which is which of the grey CAN wires (i.e. CAN H/L) though he assures me it won't do me any damage to try them one way and if they don't work - try them the other!

Thanks for the help!

P.S. I have a European RNS-E.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Me being the seller and having installed about 10 tuners so far, but not with this lead, I can assure you it wont do any harm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts