Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mines RNS-E occasionally will start up (at point of ignition) with previous destination in route/guidance. We have tested this out and it's really strange however it is sporadic. The unit will generally display the last route inputted into the system. I figured a ecu reset would do trick but haven't attempted yet. Figured I'd ping the boards. Anyone come across an issue such as this?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Mine will do this, but obviously only if the route was active before turning the ignition off. Has he tried clearing the route completely?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
If you get close to, but in the opinion of the RNS-E don't actually reach, the destination then the route will be still active - and will be displayed when you next turn it on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PetrolDave said:
If you get close to, but in the opinion of the RNS-E don't actually reach, the destination then the route will be still active - and will be displayed when you next turn it on.
I am willing to bet that is what is happening. He is always in a rush. Thanks all!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Mine occassionally does this and I know that I've stopped route guidance. As a matter of fact it did it today for the last route that I planned.

·
Registered
92 Posts
mine does it too

i would arrive home and it would say 'destination reached' the night before

in the morning it would tell me to drive 300 feet to arrive at destintion..

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
adrianma said:
mine does it too

i would arrive home and it would say 'destination reached' the night before

in the morning it would tell me to drive 300 feet to arrive at destintion..
Do you get the "Dest Reached!" message on the DIS, or just the voice prompt?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.