Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

Recently my Audi-dealer updated my RNS-E (in an A4B7 MY 05) with a privately burned DVD or CD. Since then I have the mute-function, it shows the time on the bottom of the Navi-screen, I got rid of that stupid warning screen and some other changes have occured - but everything works flawless: Navi, Radio etc.
It was the first update on my RNS-E, I also still have the old Navi-DVD ((c) 2004, Version 1A).

Yesterday I "zapped around" on the RNS-E (traffic jam, so lots of time...) and I saw, that it shows under
"CAR" -> "VERSION":
SW X---
HW H 52
Map M1N040903_NN0312

Especially the Software "X---" worries me a bit - is that sth that is alright or is that some kind of error?
Do I need or do you Pros out there recommend a further update? Shall I punch my Audi-Guy in his face? :D

Thanks for help...

Z.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sounds like the update didn't complete properly (it is a two-stage process where the RNS-E reboots in between).

You could either try re-inserting the 'update disk' that you used or do a forced downgrade and go through the process again. If you do a search on this site you'll find instructions on how to force the downgrade.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Did you get your NAV with the car or you bought it after?
It looks like corrupted index numbers or conversion

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the RNS-E originally with the car - factory installed.

I´d really regret to downgrade again, and up to now I can´t really see the need for that - everything works properly, and especially havin´ no Warning Screen is great.

To specify my question a little:
My car (it is a US-Version) will go to Germany this Year (and stay there). I already know, that it just takes a software update to transform my US RNS-E into a EU RNS-E (AudiA4B6US - I´ll write you a PM as soon as I know when I´m leaving USA :) ).

Could the update I received now have any impact on the conversion to EU-software or is that not of any interest because the EU-conversion-update erases all US-updates anyway and changes the software "from scratch"?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you don't have a VAG-COM, go to your dealer, complain about issues with FM reception and tell them about the issue with the version shown as X---.

Tell them to set #37 channel 97 to 1, remove the DVD and insert an older DVD like 2A or 1A. The RNS-E will do a downgrade and reboot once or twice. Remove the DVD and insert an original US 2007 DVD (no copy, no CD, just the original DVD). The RNS-E will update and reboot twice. After the update the software version should be shown as 0150 and everything should be fine.

And no, this has no impact on the possiblilty to convert your RNS-E to Euro specs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts