Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Not sure if I've asked this question in the past and had no response, but I am wanting to connect a Slim PS2 to my RNS-E, not only to use as a Games Console, but also a DVD Player.

Has anybody done this? If so what do I need to do? Is there any instructions out there for installing one of these to an RNS-E?

Regards

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
A search for "PS2" gives 11 threads where the PS2 has been discussed.

One of them probably answers your question.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PetrolDave said:

Unfortunatly the search does not answer the question of what I would need to get the PS2 to work with my RNS-E in Audi A4 B6

·
Registered
16 Posts
Malcolm-X said:
PetrolDave said:

Unfortunatly the search does not answer the question of what I would need to get the PS2 to work with my RNS-E in Audi A4 B6
You could try one of these,"Multimedia interface adaptor" offered on the popular auction site(wont name) go to the uk site and try item number 120079391132. i have one and it works a treat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tim rudd said:
Malcolm-X said:
PetrolDave said:

You could try one of these,"Multimedia interface adaptor" offered on the popular auction site(wont name) go to the uk site and try item number 120079391132. i have one and it works a treat.
Hi Tim, would this enable Video in Motion? How did you get the power for the PS2? I am hoping on fitting the PS2 in the glove box?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Craig can do the VIM fix.

Get a PS2 12v car adaptor and stick it in the *** lighter sockect or find a suitable switched 12v by the fuse area.

I don't know the size of your glovebox have you measured it with a ruler?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Malcolm-X said:
tim rudd said:
Malcolm-X said:
PetrolDave said:

Hi Tim, would this enable Video in Motion? How did you get the power for the PS2? I am hoping on fitting the PS2 in the glove box?

I have one of these fitted but onto a RNS-D it works great, like the last post states you can get a ps adaptor or you could buy an inverter, but these are quite big so a ps adaptor would be the best option, a ps2 slimline fits in the glovebox of an A4 B6 perfect on the upper right side. Can I ask if your RNS-E is factory fitted or did you retro fit?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tim rudd said:
I have one of these fitted but onto a RNS-D it works great, like the last post states you can get a ps adaptor or you could buy an inverter, but these are quite big so a ps adaptor would be the best option, a ps2 slimline fits in the glovebox of an A4 B6 perfect on the upper right side. Can I ask if your RNS-E is factory fitted or did you retro fit?
The Nav wasn't standard I did a retro fit and it all works fine, just need to move that next step and get a PS2 into the car (for both DVD & Games).

Regards

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well if you get a PS2 car adaptor you should be able to hard wire it into a switched 12v supply this will give you the power you need, but as for video in motion then either you can get someone to unlock your nav unit, there are posts on this site that can help you there, or and let me first say that I have only limited knowledge of the RNS-E, there may be a way to fool the nav unit, now on a RNS-D some people put a switch on the speed signal cable, effectivly telling the nav unit the car is stationary, however this means your navigation will be sluggish when you want DVD playing, On mine I wired a switch that links over to the reverse wire, I know this sounds crazy but it works, the Nav unit thinks your in reverse so does not turn off picture, but you still get up to date nav information. Basicly the nav unit thinks your doing 70mph backwards, but it knows the direction your going by the sat signals so it puts you right on target, Buit like I said this works with the RNS-D but I really am not sure if it will work the same with RNS-E.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been in touch with Craig who will be unlocking the Nav Unit for me to enable Video In Motion, once this has been done I am assuming all I will need is a Multimedia Adaptor and the 12v Power Supply for the PS2.

Do you know any cheap Multimedia Adaptors, I would not need the one for Video in Motion as Craig will be enabling this for me?

Regards

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been in touch with Craig who will be unlocking the Nav Unit for me to enable Video In Motion, once this has been done I am assuming all I will need is a Multimedia Adaptor and the 12v Power Supply for the PS2.

Do you know any cheap Multimedia Adaptors, I would not need the one for Video in Motion as Craig will be enabling this for me?

Regards

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only ones i know of at the moment are the ones on E bay, take a look I know their from poland but i know a few people who have bought from this person and have been very happy, myself included, at £ 90 dont think you'll get cheaper

1 - 13 of 13 Posts