Audi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just installed a new Sirius "E" receiver to match my (US Version) RNS-E (I swapped out my old Sirius receiver which was not compatible with the RNS-E). I can now receive all stations. However, when I change channels I get a brief error message on the RNS-E: "ANNTENNA. A technical problem occurred. Contact your Audi dealer for support." It displays for about 2 seconds before it (successfully) changes the channel. The delay is annoying and the error message is concerning. Has anyone else installed a new Sirius receiver? How has yours worked? Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Did you ever get this problem fixed?

Has anyone actually gotten the new Sirius module working with the US RNS-E? (I see many posts for XM)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem still exists; has anyone gotten Sirius to work?

I haven't heard from anyone who's gotten Sirius to work with the RNS-E. As mentioned, I have the US RNS-E and the new Sirius "E" receiver. I've got 90% of it working, but this error is killing me.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Can't help much but did you VAG your car to see if there are any errors and re-seat the plugs at the receiver? Maybe just one of the two plugs is not plugged in right, or a cable broken. And not to be picky but the Sirius receiver is the "D" unit, "E" is the new XM.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the D unit on order from Clairparts. I am wondering if I should hold off.

It would seem odd that it didn't work though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts