Audi Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Is the RNS-E properly coded? Any faults logged?

·
Registered
6 Posts
RNS-D to RNS-E

I tried codding just the navigation unit: 0309413 as I have an AUDI A4 B6 2002 with Bose, Nokia car kit,cd changer.
Shoud I go also on intruments -17 to add navigation to add +4 ??
I have read that is a possibility that CD changer might NOT work with the RNS-E, are there some updates on this mater?
Also I've got some errors in CENTRAL ELECTR: "Incorect VIN number" but I'm searching some instruction to modify the VIN from the RNSE.

Is it mandatory to make a link behind the cluster of the wheel, as I didn't find any information related when retrofiting the RNSE from RNSD?

Thnak you very much

·
Registered
4 Posts
Need to get answers for some questions...

How it is possible to contact you AudiA4B6US? I want to ask you a few questions about rns-e install in B5. I think that it wouldn't take a lot time for you or I can post my questions right there in this topic...??

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
How it is possible to contact you AudiA4B6US? I want to ask you a few questions about rns-e install in B5. I think that it wouldn't take a lot time for you or I can post my questions right there in this topic...??
Post your question here and someone will answer them, assuming of course a simple search doesn't return the answer already.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I tried codding just the navigation unit: 0309413 as I have an AUDI A4 B6 2002 with Bose, Nokia car kit,cd changer.
Shoud I go also on intruments -17 to add navigation to add +4 ??
I have read that is a possibility that CD changer might NOT work with the RNS-E, are there some updates on this mater?
Also I've got some errors in CENTRAL ELECTR: "Incorect VIN number" but I'm searching some instruction to modify the VIN from the RNSE.

Is it mandatory to make a link behind the cluster of the wheel, as I didn't find any information related when retrofiting the RNSE from RNSD?

Thnak you very much
If you had the RNS-D then you will need to bridge CAN high/low (and the HF antenna) at the TMC tuner. Otherwise you won't get the correct CAN if you took the wires from the 26 pin connector.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excuse my ingorance!

Can you please help me with some details, for this operation? Should I completely removed the TMC module and just make a bridge for all 6 wires(H-H/L-L/ Radio In/Radio Out) and to come with them in the front of the car and connect with the quadlock or just bridge the wires and leave the wires from 26 pin connected as I first made??

Thank you very much for your support!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
If you don't want to sell the TMC tuner you can just leave it where it is, bridging is fine to get the signals to the front. You must extend the CAN wires from the 26 pin connector into the Quadlock at the RNS-E, how you do that doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!

It worked, but in vag i got an error in CENTRAL ELECTRIC: "Incorect CHASIS (VIN) NUMBER" - is there a possibility to solve this issue.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, any help on this much appreciated. I am in the UK. I have an A4 (B7) cabriolet. It was fitted with a Concert II+ (double DIN) unit. I have swapped it for an RNS-E. All was OK until I tried to code it up and couldn't talk to it. Saw all the web suggestions that I switch C7 wire to B5 so the RNS-E gets the K-line. Now the bad/odd bit. My wiring loom to the radio/RNS-E doesn't have a B connector at all. Do I just try to source a 'B' connector and move this one wire to it? If so do I need to move any others? Does anyone know what the part number for the missing 'B' connector is?
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
My wiring loom to the radio/RNS-E doesn't have a B connector at all.
You definitely need to source a B connector as the coding/diagnostics on the B6/B7 uses the K-line.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
@Danilo Sato - your posts are in a new thread in the RNS-E Forum.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts