Audi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok I'll ask since I work with code. Has anybody thought of going in and seeing where the line of code for that function and try changing it???

P

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Feel free to figure that out, nobody has done it yet (or posted anything about it). And while you are at it, enabling TV in the US 0260 software would be nice too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok I'll start looking but I found this in my searches. Does this mean that XM will work in Lambo mode?

"Looks like I was wrong about Sirius in Lambo mode. My XM "E" reciever works in Lambo mode but my Sirius "D" receiver does not"

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
If you have stored presets XM and Sirius will work because you can get into SAT mode by choosing a stored SAT station. However, in Lambo mode the option to choose SAT (either XM or Sirius) is not there, just AM and FM.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok so, if I am reading your reply correctly. All you would have to do to have VIM/backup cam/Lambo/Sirius or XM all together is:
Flash the RNS-E back to the 0200 SW and then install the XM or Sirius module, authorize it, set all of the presets stations for it and then do the 0270 SW flash to trick the RNS-E to run the newer maps. Then you will have all of the above, but will only be able to get XM or Sirius though the presets.

Is this correct?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
This is what I saw during my testing and what others confirmed too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So, one last question:
Does anyone know the location of the hook up wiring for the Sirius/XM module on a 2003 AR?

P

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keepin' this thread alive...

I have the RNS-E installed and working correctly. I used vag-com to make sure that the RNS-E was coded properly, and it is. Now, do I have to code something else (I'm thinking the "instruments" controle module) to get the sat instructions to appear in my DIS?

I looked it up in the Ross-tech wiki here:
Audi A4 (8E) Instrument Cluster (8EC/8ED/8HE - Ross-Tech Wiki)
Note: add the closing parenthesis to make the link work.

The question I would have is, in channel 062 do I have to subtract 1 (radio) and add 4 (nav) when starting with my current code, or do I just add 4?

While I'm here -- the language setting (in Vag Com) for the RNS-E baffles me a little bit. I'm talking about channel 003 in the navigation CM. There are two English options, 1 is US English and 7 is UK English. Can I switch between one and the other, or does this setting have to match the origin of the RNS-E?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
You have to add everything you need, e.g. +1 to show the radio info (even though it's the RNS-E that is the radio) and +4 to show the navigation info.

US English is only available with the US software, UK English is only available when using the Euro software.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To AudiA4B6US

I was reading through the forums and I found the answer to most of my questions, the only one is if the RNS-E unit that I'm getting is codded for another car, and I install it on mine even with the pin, would it work or it'll just sit there? Also I don't have a VAG-COM and I'm aware that it won't work on the DIS thingy.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
the only one is if the RNS-E unit that I'm getting is codded for another car, and I install it on mine even with the pin, would it work or it'll just sit there?
If it's coded for a different model it can fail to see the ignition on/off messages and stay on - which will flatten your battery.

Get someone local with VAG-COM to help you out. Most of us will do it in return for beer!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks. I'm going to do it but not until December, maybe that'll give me time to find someone with a VAG-COM Cable or I'll buy one.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
or I'll buy one.
With a cable you can often save trips to the dealer since you can diagnose many faults yourself. At £100 or $100 per visit (not sure what Japanese Audi dealers charge) the lead soon pays for itself!

·
Registered
16 Posts
With a cable you can often save trips to the dealer since you can diagnose many faults yourself. At £100 or $100 per visit (not sure what Japanese Audi dealers charge) the lead soon pays for itself!
The car is not in Japan, is in California, U.S. I just live here for the moment. I found some brand new HEX-CAN cables from Ross-Tech fro like 300 USD... I might just get one because like you said, it saves trips and I can do my own custom jobs.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I found some brand new HEX-CAN cables from Ross-Tech fro like 300 USD...
Best to get a HEX-USB+CAN - thatwill work with all current (and probably most future) Audis and with current laptops and netbooks that don't have COM ports.

·
Registered
6 Posts
RNS-D to RNS-E

First of all I want to thank all the contributors to this forum, these infos are pure gold, and second I want to ask for help.
Recently I managed to install the RNS-E unit in my A4 B6 2002/ Bose but although I followed the instruction from schema downloaded from nsxjr site, I can't figured it out why the unit is not light when I start the lights, and also in DIS there is nothing displayed, and also the RNSE unit doesn't see the CD changer from the glove box. What checks do I need to do more?

Thank you very much for your support!](*,)

61 - 80 of 92 Posts