Audi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Ice_2k said:
Sorry to be a pain in the ***... one more question... any idea why some adapters like this one have two blue caps instead of 16 pins others have (like this one). Thanks.
The blue caps are just visible pin locks - they will both work exactly the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
02 A4 3.0 RNS-E Install

Will a 8h0 035 192 E that came out of an 05 US A4 cabrio work in my 02 A4 3.0Q sedan? Will I have to have it recoded?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Will a 8h0 035 192 E that came out of an 05 US A4 cabrio work in my 02 A4 3.0Q sedan? Will I have to have it recoded?
Yes and yes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wish all these post be updated for the new CONCERT II+ and SYMPHONY II+ radios.
I have a CONCERT II+ (no BOSE) in my 2007 A3 8P, with MFSW and DIS, and I am trying to get the full picture of the parts I need to retrofit an OEM Bluetooth module. If somebody could give me detailed and specifics information on the part #s I need for the wiring and for the VAGCOM coding, this would be great. Also, I read that some people couldn't fit the Bluetooth box behind the glove box (no room), is that confirmed?

Thanks guys.
Ren

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I am trying to get the full picture of the parts I need to retrofit an OEM Bluetooth module
This thread is titled RNS-E Retrofit for Dummies - so Bluetooth retrofit information does not belong here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry guys ... but what the heck is RNS-E means?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Sorry guys ... but what the heck is RNS-E means?
Radio Navigation System, the E stands for 5th generation. There is also the BNS Basic Navigation System. With the BNS 5.0 this translation doesn't really work anymore because the BNS 5.0 is also called RNS-low (because is doesn't have a color screen to display a map.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I buy the wire harness, antenna adapter, RNS-E headunit, and gps cable to run to my sharkfin (I assume that the sharkfin has the gps antenna stock). I install the the rns-e headunit. What is vag-com and what do I have to do to take my symphony II w/ bose to a RNS-E w/ bose?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
What is vag-com and what do I have to do to take my symphony II w/ bose to a RNS-E w/ bose?
VAG-COM is a cable plus PC software that lets you configure (code) electronic components in any VAG group car.

You just need to specify a Bose wiring adapter, and correctly code the RNS-E for Bose and the other relevant options fitted to your car (TV, SAT tuner, MFSW, OE phone kit).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a RNS-E /Bluetooth in my 2003 and now I just came across a Sirius OEM 4E0035593F. Will this receiver work, and how do I install it?

K

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I have a RNS-E /Bluetooth in my 2003 and now I just came across a Sirius OEM 4E0035593F. Will this receiver work, and how do I install it?

K
No, 4E and 4F devices are for the MOST MMI only and do not work with the RNS-E.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Speaking of links; in my old age I totally forgot that if you have the backup camera (Lambo mode) such as I do, you can't use Sirius (sat). Does this still hold to be true?

K

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Speaking of links; in my old age I totally forgot that if you have the backup camera (Lambo mode) such as I do, you can't use Sirius (sat). Does this still hold to be true?

K
Still true

41 - 60 of 92 Posts