Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the RNS-E be removed with the same removal keys as the Symphony II? It dosen't seem so...the keys never catch, whereas they easily do on my old Symphony II.

Am I missing something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
the keys dont catch that well on either one of my RNS-Es either.. but they do unlatch the clips..

with the keys in, i just reach underneath the faceplate (above the climate control) and wiggle it loose..

i have also seen someone open the screen and gently pull on the screen..

if all else fails you can remove the glovebox pretty easily and push it out from behind..

good luck..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No love there...that thing is in there tight and the keys never catch at all. Pulling on the screen will result in tears, I'm sure.

Oh well, back to the dealer for a removal.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
Sounds like this worth trying (put the keys in first to release the latches)

fritzner said:
if all else fails you can remove the glovebox pretty easily and push it out from behind..
The RNS-E is often very tight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
PetrolDave said:
Sounds like this worth trying (put the keys in first to release the latches)

fritzner said:
if all else fails you can remove the glovebox pretty easily and push it out from behind..
The RNS-E is often very tight.
that's how i take mine out... i scrapped one of the buttons pulling on the keys and one of the keys coming out... no more of this... removing the glove box takes ~5-10mins, then insert the keys, and just push the unit out... no more scrapping... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
i just installed a RNS-E last night.. the keys clipped in great on the symphony great, but i still couldnt get the radio out.. so removed the glove box and pushed it out.. it worked great!!.. but man there are like 9 screws holding in the glovebox..
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
fritzner said:
.. but man there are like 9 screws holding in the glovebox..
Strange - the manual says there should be 9 but in my RHD UK spec S4 there is only the fixings for 5 screws.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top