Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.....

Just wondered how you get the rns-e while in Nav Mode to re- route you while driving..???? :?:

Ie , if im stuck in traffic on a road , how do i get it to find an alternative route for me ????

Cheers
Clive

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
There's an ""Avoid Route From Here" option - press the Route soft key (top right) and select the distance from your present location which you want the route to be changed. An alternative route will then be calculated.

The alternative is just to turn off down an alternative route of your own, and let the RNS-E automatically re-route as you "follow your nose" - I do this a lot!

·
Registered
172 Posts
PetrolDave said:
There's an ""Avoid Route From Here" option - press the Route soft key (top right) and select the distance from your present location which you want the route to be changed. An alternative route will then be calculated.

The alternative is just to turn off down an alternative route of your own, and let the RNS-E automatically re-route as you "follow your nose" - I do this a lot!
Your alternative (taking a turn and letting it recalcualte) will only work when you get far enough off-route taht it decides that you are truly taking an alternate route. Most of the time, it will give you turns to get back to the original route. Take the next right, take the 1st right, and the 12st right after that, you are right back where you started from. Just a warning that you need to look at the map on the LCD screen to see if the nav unit is redirecting you back to the original route, or truly giving you an alternate route.

I have not tried the method you listed first (avoid route from here) but it sounds great!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Or get the new 2007 disk sw550 and enable TMC for the UK then it will know the traffic jam and re route you automatically :)

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Boston Driver said:
livefour2day said:
Or get the new 2007 disk sw550 and enable TMC for the UK then it will know the traffic jam and re route you automatically :)
That would be nice, but not available in the US :(((
But a solution to the original question from a3moo who is in the UK.

I take your point, Boston Driver, about keeping an eye on the alternative route not just being a "hidden U turn" or return to the original route. When I take this option I zoom out from the 54 yards I normally use to 216 yards or the maximum which will display all roads - so I know how long to ignore the instructions until it is a "genuine" new route.

In the absence of TMC, the "Avoid Route From Here" is the best option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts