Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a RNS-E adapter connector of off Topsatnav on Ebay, and theres 2 wires loose on the connector to be connected to the main harness with the scotch locks supplied.

Ones for the Bose, and I have connected that into connector III pin 1, so thats ok.

The other has a label with Speed/Gala written on it, where do I connect that to?

I have a 2004 S4.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The 2004 S4 does not need a speed wire anymore, the RNS-E gets the speed signal over CAN, so no need to connect that wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question from my installer on this wire. I have a 03 rs6 and my installer wasnt sure if he was supposed to tap into the wiring harness with the gala wire or if he was supposed to cut the wiring harness wire and just connect the gala to the harness. my installer actually did both (one after the other) when he installed it. he also was putting a remote starter on the car at the same time and now i have two lights on my dash. air bag - this was just becuase he started the car without the airbag connected (on a side note : is there anyway to reset this without having to go to the dealer?) and the second light is my traction control. It is flashing when i first start the car up and actually engaging the breaks as if the wheels were spinning on me but im only going 5mph!!!! any one got any suggestions for me? besides get a new installer...lol

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Well, after getting rid of the installer I would try to find someone with a VAG-COM to read out what faults are stored. The lights should not be related to the RNS-E install but who knows what else he did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts