Audi Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In the A4 B6, diagnostics is still done via K line. So even if you have CAN high/low connected, you or your dealer wouldn't be able to configure the RNS-E without a K line wired up as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi, thank you,

But... Where do I get the K-line from? Do you think it is already in my standard Audi ISO connector? (no factory installed radio)

Greetz

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The K line of a factory installed Audi radio is connected to pin T16/15 in the OBD connector. You would need to get a repair wire with the correct pin from your dealer and then just extend that wire to the head unit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
thank you.

But can I also do it myself? Tomorrow I am going to rewire the can h and can low to the rns-e. Maybe I can also extend the wire of the OBD to my rns-e adapter?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There is no wire in there and without the correct repair wire this might be a tough job.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So, now the only option I have is to go to the dealer to ask for the repair wire?

What are the things I can't do now because I don;t have the K line? Do I really need to do get the k line?

REally thanks a lot!!!!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Well, you can't code the RNS-E without a K-line.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Even the dealer can't recode the RNS-E if there is no K line connected.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry, everything is clear now.

I just make a cable between the RNS-E and the OBD connector. Via this way I can directly connect to the RNS-E for making changes via the K-line.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So does anyone make an adapter harness that converts the line outs used for a bose amp to RCA's that can be connected to an aftermarket amp?

I'd love to run a 4 channel amp and new speakers all around the car the same time I install the RNS-E, and I assume if you ground the "bose" pin the head unit bypasses its internal amp and sends an un-altered low level signal to whatever amplifier is hooked up?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
solan - I've moved your question (and my answer) to the Multimedia Forum.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts