Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang
With the help and information from various posts on this site I have recently retrofitted an RNS-e unit into my 2003 A6 Avant. The unit number is 4BO 035 192 P.

I am unclear which DVD to use to upgrade my unit. I currently have the 2004-0080 version with Part No. 8PO 919 884B but from reading other posts, this is well out of date! Do I need and RNS-E disc or MMI?? What is the difference?

I understand that a 2007 version DVD is due to be released soon. Would it be recommended to wait until the release of the 2007 version to upgrade my unit or buy the latest 2006 version to bring me up-to-date?

Brilliant website with very helpful and informative posts.
Give yourselves a round of applause! =D>

Any help for the above will be greatly received and appreciated

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You will need the RNS-E disk, the part number should start with 8P0. The MMI disk don't work in your RNS-E. The 2007 Euro DVD is due but nobody kows yet when it will get released. You could get a 2006 disk with recent map data and much newer software for a resonable price, unless you are waiting for TMC in the UK in which case it would make sense to wait for the 2007 DVD.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just found my answer re RNS-E and MMI from a post by Petroldave.(31/10/06)
Many thanx

Does anyone have a 2006 version DVD for sale so that I can upgrade my unit?

Many thanx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. That would be very helpful. Could you possibly point me in the righ direction?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts