Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and well done for the good work in this forum.
I'm the owner of an A3 1.8 turbo 10/99 and I'm trying to gather all the info needed to start with installing a RNS-E to my car.

I have a digital clock (which is somehow related to the CAN bus) and 1 DIN radio.
I have concluded by reading different forums that the best Nav Unit to start with is the one from
A6 4B0 035 192 P.
My main question here is if someone knows the part number for a double din console like the one in the picture that can suit the A3 8L :

Also if someone knows and can share the part number of the climate control board that shows up in the same picture.

My intention is start the project soon and keep record (make document) of all the steps and keep this topic updated.

Thanks in advance for your support

[/img][/siteimg]

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I don't know about the other parts, but I have found that the A4 units fit the best, coded for A6

·
Registered
300 Posts
Your in luck.

I am about to install the same set-up in the 2001 S3 I just got.

I ended up with 2 of the radio cages.

Please email me at

[email protected]

Also in regards to the climate control.

Based on my research it is easiest just to trim the existing unit.

I bought an extra original climate module off ebay just in case I ever wanted to switch back :)

Steve

tdrim said:
Hello all and well done for the good work in this forum.
I'm the owner of an A3 1.8 turbo 10/99 and I'm trying to gather all the info needed to start with installing a RNS-E to my car.

I have a digital clock (which is somehow related to the CAN bus) and 1 DIN radio.
I have concluded by reading different forums that the best Nav Unit to start with is the one from
A6 4B0 035 192 P.
My main question here is if someone knows the part number for a double din console like the one in the picture that can suit the A3 8L :

Also if someone knows and can share the part number of the climate control board that shows up in the same picture.

My intention is start the project soon and keep record (make document) of all the steps and keep this topic updated.

Thanks in advance for your support

[/img][/siteimg]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies mates
So you all suggest the one from A4....
I plan to open the instrument cluster and have a look before continuing...thanks for that Richard
Something else I need to check before proceeding with finding/buying the parts?

Steve I'm glad you are doing something similar at the same time with me. I have already emailed you and hope to exchange some info and also help the others that plan to do the same....

Good luck to us!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Theo,

I will do what I can to help :)

If I am lucky I will start the installation tomorrow.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts