Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a RNS-E Nav Plus, glovebox 6-cd changer, and sirius sat radio in my '06 S4. Everytime I switch to a different item, the volume level is different. For example, keeping everything on the same volume level, playing CDs is the loudest, then comes FM radio, and Sirius is the quietest. Everytime I switch I always have to adjust my volume because it's either too loud or too quiet. So, I was wondering, is this normal? Is this what everyone has experienced either with their own install, or with those that had an audi that came with nav plus option?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I would say it's normal - certainly both installations I have had (C version RNS-E in a 2004 B6 S4 and H-version RNS-E in a 2006 B7 RS4) have behaved this way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there a way to turn off the radio while still leaving the system on? Other than turn the volume all the way down or turn the whole system off, I haven't found a way.

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you have SW0150, then you can push the on/off button to mute the radio. You need to press and hold it to turn the unit off.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've only had my kit installed for a couple of weeks now, but all the volume levels are the same, or within 1% or 2%.

So that's MP3 via SD Card, MP3 & std CD's via Sony Changer and FM Radio.

The only time the volume changes is when the Traffic Reports come on, which I have set at a higher level.

Can the GALA level be set for individual inputs ? as that may cause unexpeted volume level changes.

Dave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts