Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for someone in California that has the RNS-E unit and can take some pictures of the map I want to see how detial the map looks and how the map looks like.

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PROXUS said:
Is that with the 2006 DVD version? can you change the map display or only comes with one choice? I like the BMW M3's map the way it looks if not too much trouble can you print screen some more maps on the RNS-E please.

thanks

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
this is 3D view. You can also choose Overview (looks like regular map), and of course zoom in/out smoothly

·
Registered
27 Posts
PROXUS said:
this is 3D view. You can also choose Overview (looks like regular map), and of course zoom in/out smoothly
I don't have a pic right now, but it looks about the same as the 3D view. One issue I have is that I can't set the detail vs. xoom level like I can on my GPSV. Note all the blank space in the examples above. I'd prefer to see them filled with surface streets as much as possible, so I can do eyeball routing when I don't have time to enter a destination.

As it is now, you don't see all the smaller streets untin you siim into the 600 ft range, but then, you don't have a big enough overall view to see if any of them go where you're going. This is my major problem with the RNS-E.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.