Audi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
There's a free one in this forum...

There are also a couple of people that are charging to give you a link to the same info. I'm sure TeddyB or NSX jr can send u the link if u email.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know it's an old thread, but I just searched on Google and TS and this was still popping up.... so here's a link:

In addition to the Geocities link to RNS-E Manual ver 11.04 there is also this quick ref guide. Quick reference guide is actually from Audi!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Whilst it's far better than nothing, that's an old manual and doesn't mention SDS. Does anyone know the part number for the new manual you can buy from an Audi dealer, which includes SDS etc ?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I haven't seen a manual that includes SDS - is there one?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got mine from a dealer and it have SDS manual in it :)
Can check the number after work 2day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got mine from a dealer and it have SDS manual in it :)
Can check the number after work 2day.
Excellent - I definitely want to order one which has SDS in it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any update, John_DoeS6?

·
Registered
91 Posts
It says on the backside:

Audi Navigasjonssystem plus (RNS-E)
Bedienungsanleitung
norwegisch 5.05

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for this John. I called my Audi dealer yesterday to order one (in English) but they don't have that part number on their system.

The part number they do have for an RNS-E manual is 271 562 729 20. But they were unable to say whether that manual included SDS, and once I've ordered it I can't return it.

Has anyone else got a manual for their RNS-E, which includes SDS in it? If so, I'd really appreciate it if you could look on the back and check the part number, and the date it was issued (e.g. 05/05).

I've noticed from another thread that some people have an older manual without SDS, which has the part number 251 562 729 20. Given the following, I reckon the one they quoted actually has SDS in it. The 3 part numbers start with:

251 - older manual, no SDS
261 - John's manual, with SDS
271 - part number quoted by my dealer.

So I might actually take the plunge and buy one, assuming that part numbers with a higher number (271 rather than 261 or 251) are updated versions of the original. On this basis I'm hoping it will have SDS in it!

Logical?

Thanks,

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.