Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see most RNS-E (Euro -> US) go for around $1400 and the RNS-E (J-unit) ones for around $1900. Is there any strong reason i should consider paying an extra $500 for the US version?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
$500 to have the button labelled CD/SD instead of CD/TV sounds a lot!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Regardsless what everybody says, there are a few more changes between US and Euro units. The radio tuner on the bottom board is specific to the region (Euro vs. US). Not that anybody found this to be a problem but there is a difference. There might also be other differences that nobody has noticed yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
someone.

Someone on another board said the euro version says stuff like "bloody hell", accidently direct you to pubs and gives comments about soccer (football) games randomly.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Re: someone.

kak39 said:
Someone on another board said the euro version says stuff like "bloody hell", accidently direct you to pubs and gives comments about soccer (football) games randomly.
I think that's the British version only.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: someone.

AudiA4B6US said:
kak39 said:
I think that's the British version only.
Me and several colleagues often discuss being able to create a sat nav system with "attitude".

You know how you ignore it when you get told "make a U-turn when possible" - wouldn't it be nice if "the voice" stopped saying "please" when you did that?

The British voice already sometimes speaks in "Coronation Street" language - she often says "proceed on this road for 2 mile" instead of "proceed on this road for 2 miles" - so out of character with her rather "posh" accent!

Maybe this is another idea for the "Nav Hacks" thread!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts