Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just got my RNS-E and followed the detail direction on how to install it. Now the problem is that every time I try and start my car the car turns itself off after about a sec. I have not Vag Com the car yet but I figured it will still allow me to turn it on and off. Does anyone know what’s going on?

Thanks for the help!

Omar

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Your immobilizer in your instrument cluster has forgotten which keys were linked with it. If you turned on the ignition when the instrument cluster was unplugged, and you also did not disconnect the battery, then you likely caused this problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not have the key in while the cluster was unplugged that I made sure to do, but I did not disconnet the battery durning the whole process. Is this bad??? Is this something a Vag Com can fix?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
if you search on audiworld.com you can find the re-pairing process for your immobilzer and keys. However, you have to have at least one working key to do it yourself. If both your keys are dead, then you have to get your car towed into the dealer.

Is your little key symbol flashing in the cluster when you try to start the car? If so, that means it does not recognize your key and immobilizer is killing the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:D :D :D

I don't know why but she started and she is all good now!! All I did this time was disconnect the battery for about an hour and plugged it back and she was all good! Thank God I did not want to go to the dealership.

Thanks for the help

Omar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.