Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just bought a RNS-E from Ebay and looking to install it into a A4 B7. However I'm struggling to get to correct plug and play cable to go into the back of it. I've bought one from Kufatech as many of you have recommended. But the cable has come with only three connectors, all the pictures I've seen of installations have had four connectors on.

Has anyone fitted this into a B7 before, how many connectors should the cable have?

Hope that make sense.

Thanks,

Geoff

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The number of connectors varies with the options installed in your car and the B7 is no different than the B6 in regards to installing the RNS-E.

What options do you have installed in your B7? And what did you tell Kufatec you need the adapter for? Did you check based on http://www.nsxjr.com/docs/RNStoSym2.pdf if you got all connectors you need?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.

No other options just replacing the symphony II for a RNS-E. I've seen the wiring diagram before which is why I expected to get a cable with four connectors on it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Did you say yes or no to the phone option when ordering the Kufatec wiring loom?

If you said no, expect only 3 connectors. If you said yes, expect 4 connectors..

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If you have the BOSE speakers you won't have the front speaker connector and if you don't have telephone (which you probably don't) then you wont have the phone connector either. Therefore, there are many cars which only need two connectors on the vehicle end of the harness.

Please verify your harness. I use Kufatec harnesses all the time and they are also not complete (missing Alarm GND wire for example) and sometimes wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

I don't have Bose or a phone connection. I specified no to the cd changer, small BNS Navi, phone, bose and said it was to replace a SymphonyII

I wasn't sure what I recieved was right or wrong, just all the pictures I'd seem before had four connectors. But it sounds like it could be correct only haveing three.

Thanks,

Geoff

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Still leaves you with 2 or 3 connectors, dependent on your audio system. In the A4 there are audio system with active rear and passive front speakers, with active rear and front speakers and the Bose system.

You really need to pull your Symphony II radio out and look at the connectors coming from your car. Doing so you will see what connectors you'll need and confirm that they all have a place to go in the RNS-E adapter. If so chances are good that yo got what you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.