Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B6 S4 Avant, Installing RNS-E.
Will I need to make any connections behind the instrument cluster? I'm using sharkfin, so no GPS antenna placement needed. Will i need access to instrument cluster for anything else? I heard for 2004+ this wasn't required.

Any help appreciated!
Dave

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
No, all the required signals are already present in the radio harness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
S4 B7 With Sharkfin & Sym II-Is External GPS Ant Necessary?

My Audi S4 B7 ( 2006 ) came with a sharkfin antenna and Sym II Radio. I'm replacing the unit with a RNS-E.Do I need any GPS antenna installed, or the sharkfin has one already?

Thx,

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: S4 B7 With Sharkfin & Sym II-Is External GPS Ant Necessa

mikkadam said:
My Audi S4 B7 ( 2006 ) came with a sharkfin antenna and Sym II Radio. I'm replacing the unit with a RNS-E.Do I need any GPS antenna installed, or the sharkfin has one already?

Thx,

Mike
Sharkfin has a nav lead, so no. You will need to run an extension cable from the nav lead to your RNS-E. I ran mine up the driver side and behind my instrument cluster down into my RNS-E.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: S4 B7 With Sharkfin & Sym II-Is External GPS Ant Necessa

RenoAudiNV said:
mikkadam said:

Thx,

Mike
Sharkfin has a nav lead, so no. You will need to run an extension cable from the nav lead to your RNS-E. I ran mine up the driver side and behind my instrument cluster down into my RNS-E.
wait I didnt understand what you stated, i have a 04' S4 B6 with a sharkfin antenna, do I? or do I not need to run a GPS Cable?
I also have a symph II radio with NAV in dash,

also doing a RNS-E upgrade

1 - 10 of 10 Posts