Audi Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a friend that is wanting to get a RNS-E for her 2001 A6. I'd like to help find someone that will help her install it.

If anyone can help do this I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey, I'm in Austin Round Rock as a matter of fact....I have no experience but by the end of this week I will ....since my RNS-E and Multi Media Package comes in ...I will have it install.

From the look it's pretty easy...so if your friend want to wait I can help her after my install of course...

06 RED S4

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be awesome! Your install will be a little easier than hers but they both will be simple enough.

I'll let her know that she can go ahead an order the RNS-E.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not a problem ...she just has to be patient cuz I like to take my time doing anything so it will be done correctly ....I can be Anal....but you get it done right the first time....

I'll be glad to help her....
Just make sure that she purchase her unit from reliable source...
That will be Peace of Mind.....

06 RED S4

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm in south Austin and have installed an RNS-E in my '04 S4. I wouldn't have time to help in person anytime soon but could certainly answer whatever questions you might have over the phone. PM me if you'd like contact info. There are a few tricks and tips that make it MUCH easier and less time consuming...

·
Registered
12 Posts
ScottWells said:
I'm in south Austin and have installed an RNS-E in my '04 S4. I wouldn't have time to help in person anytime soon but could certainly answer whatever questions you might have over the phone. PM me if you'd like contact info. There are a few tricks and tips that make it MUCH easier and less time consuming...

ScottWells,

Sweet ...any type of help will be nice...PM sent...
Thanks

06 RED S4

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am the Wells Branch area - I didnt install the RNS-E - it came with the car but I took everything apart when I installed the Bluetooth module

Not sure how much I can help but I am offering my time and support for the Audi cause ;-)

PM with the details
email - [email protected]

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can install it, but the reason I'm asking is that I don't live in Austin. I'm located in Florida but I was asking for someone to assist her, she's pretty cute!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That would be cool....Wells Branch is not too far from where I am ...RR for me, so we can help her because she's Audi fan....just like us...
but CUTE ....does help....

As for me ...if I can get help from you would be great since I've haven't done an install yet....

:wink: Promux....I got the packages...check your email and PM....

06 RED S4

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I knew that would get someones attention. But I appreciate any help someone can give.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Todd.

Todd,

I am looking online on first where to buy this thing. I am extremely confused on who is reputable enough to buy from. Also, not sure what to buy. Any help would be great.
:D
Trish

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Trish,

I personally bought mine from Steve Z1 in the for sale section. There are a few others with the same results. These Nav units are going to be used but as long as you buy from a trusted seller, then you'll get a "like new" fully functioning navigation head unit. Email Steve and he'll help you with which one you'll need for your car along with a wiring harness.

There are a few people here that posted and said they would help you install it. It shouldn't take anymore than about an hour to fully install it in your car. Most of which is just plug & play.

Trust me don't worry about what the dealership said about it costing $3000. The RNS-E with everything you need to install it will cost you about $1500~.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Help with RSN-E in Austin

For those that are interested in installing RSN-E or with MMI and DVD...

FYI. I have successfully did the install and have pictures with guidance, just need a bit more time to edit them so it can be of help.
With the holidays and back to work I have done 3/4 of the photos and editing, just a few more hrs ....I should be able to send it out ..possible to Alex to post them.
As far as helping someone in Austin...I'm here to help out.
Anyway with the help of Alex and ScottWells, the install was smooth.

Todd, if your friend still need help I am available to help ..PM me or have her PM me for my cell.
Hope you all had a Superb New Year... :)

06 RED S4

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can help too

I've successfully installed an RNSE into my 2003 A6. I've added Phatbox, Sat Radio and Bluetooth (removing the OnStar).

Let me know if I can help you. I'm in Austin/Cedar Park.

·
Registered
12 Posts
VAGCOM

Anyone around Austin has a Vagcom tool to help me get the Cluster Display to show the Navigation on it ??

If you do please let me know and I can drive up to where you're at, I don't have the tool therefore I have to depend on someone, much appreciated....

06 RED S4 :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.