Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

In my RNS-E, when I turn on ignition appear ALWAYS the color startup screen (MMI screen) and only after that the radio or another options will startup.
Today I just install a RNS-E unit in my brother car and in this case when he connects ignition the RNS-E start with Radio or something else (he don't see the MMI screen).

Question: Witch is the correct? We should see MMI screen when ignition power or not?

Thanks for your help.

PS: My brother has same car modele them I

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The RNS-E needs about 15 seconds to boot and while it's booting it shows the MMI picture. There are various signals that tell the RNS-E to turn on, ignition for example is one of those, unlocking the door is another.

People here have reported that if you don't have the alarm wire connected, it takes much longer before the RNS-E turn fully off. Another difference in cars without alarm wire is that the RNS-E doesn't turn on when unlocking the doors but only when turning on the ignition.

I would check the adapter for a missing alarm wire (if you Symphony II had one) and would also check with VAg-COM if there are any errors shown.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
The RNS-E needs about 15 seconds to boot and while it's booting it shows the MMI picture. There are various signals that tell the RNS-E to turn on, ignition for example is one of those, unlocking the door is another.

People here have reported that if you don't have the alarm wire connected, it takes much longer before the RNS-E turn fully off. Another difference in cars without alarm wire is that the RNS-E doesn't turn on when unlocking the doors but only when turning on the ignition.

I would check the adapter for a missing alarm wire (if you Symphony II had one) and would also check with VAg-COM if there are any errors shown.
Hello AudiA4B6US,

Thanks for your info.
Previsioly I had Symphony II head in my car and I didn't have an alarm wire (in car connections), so in RNS-E adapter I didn't put any wire. The RNS-E takes less than 15 seconds to boot (when I see MMI screen) with ignition power, but if I unlock the doors I hear the little fan (behind RNS-E) working. Maybe RNS-E use CAN-BUS to know if the alarm is on or off...

The question here is that we should see MMI screen every time that RNS-E boot or not?
Maybe there is something to do whit VAG-COM...

It's strange because in my brothers car, if we disconnect the ignition power and turn it on again we don't see MMI screen, In my car we can see it ! :roll:
Maybe one of those situations are wrong, what do you think?
By the way, my car's brother doesn't have also alarm wire in car connections (before RNS-E we had Symphony II).

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.