Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My New 2007 A3 has been delivered this week, at this moment I've got the OEM CONCERT III Radio installed, I just want to know if the installation of the RNS-E would be plug and play.

And what VAG CODE do I have to add for RNS-E to work in the A3 2007, and the code for Bluetooth.

I have no multifunctional steerwheel (MFSW).

I've ordered the bluetooth parts to: 8P0 862 335 M BT MODULE, 8L1 862 373A MICROFOON, 8P0 035 503E BT ANTENNE and ordered the BT Interface Cable.

I've added some pictures.

Concert III

BT Interface Cable

Connector PINS Concert III

Connector Diagram Concert III

Thx in advance,

Greetings,

Dre

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx AudiA4B6US,

I've had a look on that page, and I'm not using any BOSE system,

What do you suggest in function of the VAG-CODE?

Thx in advance,

Dre

·
Registered
258 Posts
ive done it in my 07 a4, and it was plug and play (you need to change the k-line wire to make it work in the rns, its in a different location. one thing though... the connecter in your car is the same as for the rns, so i dont know how you can use that adapter for your bluetooth. you will either need to get a different adaptor, or take the wires that connect to the bluetooth module and transfer ONLY those wires to the harness thats on your car right now.

·
Registered
258 Posts
the rns is the rns-e navigation.. you see the connector for the navi (rns-e) is nearly exactly the same as for your existing radio, except that the k-line (wire used to vag the rns-e which you will need) is in a different location, so you will need to change that one pin. the only thing is that then the harness coming from the car which currently goes into your radio will be an exact fit to the rns-e. the problem is that you still need to connect your bluetooth module to the rns-e, and the connectors on the wiring harness you pictured above will be useless to you as the 2007s no longer use that interface, so you will have to switch all the pins going to the bluetooth module yourself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx for your feedback...

Can I find a diagram somewhere wich pins corresponds with the interface on the RNS?

And... do you know the exact code to vag my units?

Thx in advance,

Dre

·
Registered
517 Posts
dre said:
Thx for your feedback...

Can I find a diagram somewhere wich pins corresponds with the interface on the RNS?

Dre
Look in the stickies in the beginning of this section:

http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

Unfortunately the images are broken since the forum update, but you have the label on top of your RNS-E (or look in the albums section).

And there is a wealth of information in the documents on NSX_JR's website.

http://www.nsxjr.com/

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have helped another customer and he did the swap into his 07 A3. No problems at all. All he had to do was pull the old unit, swap in the new one, he did have to hook up the GPS antenna, total time less than 10 minutes :)

Hope this helps and if you need a unit, let me know :)

I am in Boulder, CO

Steve

[email protected]

·
Registered
258 Posts
yes yes, me too, only thing is that the k-line is in a diff place, so itll work, but u wont be able to access the rns-e with a vag if you dont fix the k-line location. also, he has the problem because he wants to connect the bluetooth harness to it. see the obvious problem?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
K line is not required in an A3 but the CAN Gateway needs recoding or it will log an error.

·
Registered
258 Posts
but then how will he code the unit to know that theres a bluetooth module installed??? also, how will he attach the bluetooth module using that harnesS?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've received my RNS-E today,
Pulled out the Concert II+
Inserted the RNS-E, Put the GPS Antenna above glovebox... And it works great.

EVen the DIzs works, I didn't have to do any coding.

Now waiting for my kufatec cable, the rest is already delivered for the BT interface.

Greetings

1 - 17 of 17 Posts