Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i shut my car off windows rolled up and i hear a slight buzzing. It used to go away but now its a constant buzzing - meaning the RNS-E is on .... does it ever shut off?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
ejc2008 said:
Okay so i shut my car off windows rolled up and i hear a slight buzzing. It used to go away but now its a constant buzzing - meaning the RNS-E is on .... does it ever shut off?
The buzzing is normal within limits. Sit in the car, lock the doors and wait for the RNS-E to power of (you may want o leave the roof opened while you are doing this). It should power off after 30 min latest.

But what has this to do with the IceLink? Did you just install it? Any wiring changes? The IceLink cables are not very well shielded but that shouldn't matter with the engine off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o - is there a way to make it just shut off when ignition is off? or at least when door's get locked? its kinda annoying

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It should power down about 1 min after locking the car. The fan will continue to run for a few more minutes depending on how hot the unit is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts