Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a reason that the instrument display always goes to the Nav info when I start the car? I wish it would stay on the setting it was at when I last turned the car off. Everytime I start the car, if I do not want the nav info, I have to push the instrument display button a couple times to cycle it back to the normal mode. Is this normal?

Last question for now...When I am in route guidance mode, is there a way to disable the "next 3 turns" on the left side of the screen. I really like that info, but was just wondering if it could be disabled in case I needed the view the whole map. TIA.

Other than those things, this is the best mod ever.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Press the SETUP button when in NAVI mode, uncheck Compass to get rid of the DIS defaulting to the navi screen and uncheck Turn list to get rid of the left part of the screen.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The compass screen shows only up on the DIS when the compass is active. You won't see anything but the two levels of the DIS until you activate route guidance. Activating route guidance will add the 3rd level to the DIS and you can switch between all three of them just like you used to do. Not that in most B6 with the red DIS you will need to turn the RNS-E off/on to get the navi level on the DIS.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
ejc2008 said:
anyway to make it so i dun have to turn it on and off
Not with the red DIS - Audi never intended the RNS-E to work with the red DIS, so they don't intend to fix the bug in the DIS software.

If you have the colour DIS - no problems.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Good point!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.