Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all....

Just upgraded my software on my rns-e to EU SW 0500, all went perfect no problems, but while navigating this morning i noticed that the navigation voice instructions were only coming through one rear speaker on the passenger side is the normal ???

Im sure (but could of be wrong) on my previous software EU SW 0100 it came through all the speakers ????

Just bugging me .... :?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
a3moo said:
Hi all....

Just upgraded my software on my rns-e to EU SW 0500, all went perfect no problems, but while navigating this morning i noticed that the navigation voice instructions were only coming through one rear speaker on the passenger side is the normal ???

Im sure (but could of be wrong) on my previous software EU SW 0100 it came through all the speakers ????

Just bugging me .... :?

Cheers
EU SW 0100 usually had the voice coming out of all 4 speakers, but later versions default to it coming out of either the left or right front speaker.

Sounds like you may have 2 problems:
1) since the voice is coming out a left speaker, your RNS-E is coded for LHD not RHD so you need to change the value in adaptation channel 136 from 5 to 13.

2) since the voice is coming out of a rear speaker not a front one it may be worth checking that your speakers are correctly wired - while playing the radio or a CD try using the balance and fader controls to direct sound to one speaker at a time and verify it is the correct speaker.

Of course, if the speakers are swapped left/right as well as front/rear then there might only be one problem!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks again for quick reply.... nice to use a forum that you actually get replies from.....

I have checked all speakers and balance/fader etc they are set up 100% correct....

So like you said the rns-e has been coded for LHD car.. I have not got VAG-COM so i cant re-code....

Cheers

·
Registered
159 Posts
If it was factory fitted then get the dealer to recode for free, it's a fault after all as it should have been done properly to start with.

If it was a retro-fit then try posting in the VAG-COM group on TSN to see if there's someone in your area that can help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts