Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Was after a quick bit of help, my navigation used to be spot on. When I was opposite a road end with the car it showed that exactly on the nav screen. But now it seems to be a bit way off and no where near as accurate.

Why could this have changed? I am always getting 8 satellites and my set up appears to be correct.

In the engineering mode what does the calibration counter mean?? Mine is just over 1200?

Terry

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi....

There is a similar post on here by beerglass007....

Something to do with the settings in engineering mode, pulse count etc
I dont fully understand that and have not got VAG COM anyway...

My Rns-e is not bang on accurate but has not caused me any problems with navigating on routes, it is slightly out on road postioning but i can live with that....

Seeing the whole Rns-e kit cost me less than £400 and it still as accurate as my old portable sat nav unit.....

Hope this eases your pain...

Clive

·
Registered
45 Posts
terrymcg said:
Hi,

Was after a quick bit of help, my navigation used to be spot on. When I was opposite a road end with the car it showed that exactly on the nav screen. But now it seems to be a bit way off and no where near as accurate.

Why could this have changed? I am always getting 8 satellites and my set up appears to be correct.

In the engineering mode what does the calibration counter mean?? Mine is just over 1200?

Terry

Hello Terry

Yes I have the same problems.
My mate is looking at this problem with a VAG COM hopefully tonight

Its down to tire size,pulse settings etc etc
All programmed using the VAG COM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts