Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping that someone in the community could help me decipher the extensions on the RNS-E part numbers. Are there differences in hardware between the units, and if so, what are they.

I have been trying to make sense of this reading through all the posts on this forum but feel like I am more confussed now than before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.........

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
North American RNS-E have a different radio tuner but functionality is the same (with the same software). Units with a higher index letter may have a faster processor and/or a different DVD drive. And some units support SDS wwhen used with the European software.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You should also be aware that the first group of digits (4B0, 8E0, etc) describes the vehicle for which the faceplate is shaped.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the quick reply.

If I understand correctly, the functionality of all the units is the same provided they are loaded with the same software. The newer versions may be quicker due to the faster processor/DVD drive. Right??

Does anyone know if the SDS functionality is only software dependant (EU version) or are there hardware differences as well in the H version?

Are there any plans to release a US version with SDS functionality?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts