Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an RNS-E unit from europe version "D". I have it installed in my audi A4 but is running on SW360. I would like to know if I can convert this unit tu U.S. version. I bought a CD from a person on e-bay claiming that it would convert it to the U.S. version, however, I would like you opinion on this. If I insert the latest U.S. navigation DVD, will it display U.S. maps? what can I do to make the gps work? also I noticd that I can only get FM radio not AM; in the menu it says something about "short wave length and high wave length"? is that what is used in europe?

By the way the unit is working with my car.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Audi4a said:
I bought an RNS-E unit from europe version "D". I have it installed in my audi A4 but is running on SW360. I would like to know if I can convert this unit tu U.S. version. I bought a CD from a person on e-bay claiming that it would convert it to the U.S. version, however, I would like you opinion on this. If I insert the latest U.S. navigation DVD, will it display U.S. maps? what can I do to make the gps work? also I noticd that I can only get FM radio not AM; in the menu it says something about "short wave length and high wave length"? is that what is used in europe?

you can find all answers over HERE

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Audi4a said:

Lots of people have posted on here exactly how to convert an EU unit to run US software - just putting a US map DVD in will NOT work.

Your GPS should be working at the moment, but because the position is not on the EU maps that you are using it will say "not on a digitised road".

In Europe the AM & FM frequencies are different in the US, this will all be sorted out by following the descriptions how to convert the software. We in Europe use FM, MW & LW (Medium Wave and Long Wave - 2 frequency bands of AM) - but our frequencies are slightly different from those used in the US (close enough for FM to appear to work).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.