Audi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the A6 RNS-E will work in a 2002 B6 A4? I have Bose and it's double din.
From what I've read, it should work, but i'll need the A4 face surround.
I want to add the tire pressure system to the car later, but I want it integrated (no ugly after market stick on display). For this all I should need to get is the TMC box with the receiver and the wheel sensors.

The model I found for sale is the 4B0 035 192 P.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Fitting A6 unit in A4 would pain in the a$$ comparing plug & play install of A4 unit. It's possible but not worth the time & $$$.

By the way TMC in built in so you don't need extra box ;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
the faceplates on the RNS-E are not easily swapped as they were on the CD-based Nav+..

i would highly recommend not wasting your time, just get a unit for an A4..

side note::
not to confuse you, but oddly enough the A6 RNS-E is the best solution for the B5 A4's (2001 and older - not sure how far back?)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks to all

Thanks to everyone. I guess I will have to do without the tire pressure monitoring system for now. Maybe Audi will come up with an update to add it to the A4 system.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tire pressure system

I was looking at the Audi web site and found the tire pressure monitoring system is an option on the new A4.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Re: Tire pressure system

a430vaudiguy said:
I was looking at the Audi web site and found the tire pressure monitoring system is an option on the new A4.
It looks like the RNS-E (either the A6, A4 or A3 version) does not display the tire pressure. Only the New A6 and A8 MMI systems do this. In the A4 the TPMS display a warning in the DIS only.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Re: Tire pressure system

AudiA4B6US said:
In the A4 the TPMS display a warning in the DIS only.
That's the only circuit shown by erWin for the B7 A4. Shame - I would really have liked the TPMS on my B6.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought the face plates were swappable & the RNS-e unit can be reprogrammed as a A4 unit to recieve the speed info over canbus? So is it hard to get the correct faceplate??

It makes since that the units are the same, just with adjustable fittings for the different audi models?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
QuattroLee said:
I thought the face plates were swappable & the RNS-e unit can be reprogrammed as a A4 unit to recieve the speed info over canbus? So is it hard to get the correct faceplate??

It makes since that the units are the same, just with adjustable fittings for the different audi models?

fritzner said:
the faceplates on the RNS-E are not easily swapped as they were on the CD-based Nav+..
Reprogramming for speed and reverse via CAN is easy enough. But trying to swap the faceplate has already led to destroying more than one unit, and using favors from friends to get others repaired. It's a high risk route ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts