Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on here that someone was going to make a faceplate for the b5 s4. I am ready for one of those as I just installed the rns-e in my s4 and don't really like the way it looks. I am really thinking of going back to the stock unit until I can get something that will fix the color difference and the gaps on the sides. :(

·
Registered
996 Posts
raptor814 said:
I read on here that someone was going to make a faceplate for the b5 s4. I am ready for one of those as I just installed the rns-e in my s4 and don't really like the way it looks. I am really thinking of going back to the stock unit until I can get something that will fix the color difference and the gaps on the sides. :(
Yes, LI-S4 (Mike M) is working on this project. I believe he is going to engineer a new faceplate that will incorporate the RNSE faceplate (or take the place of) and the climate control faceplate. As I understand it, this will be one piece.

I'm very interested to see how it comes out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NSX JR said:
Ignore the gaps and enjoy the navigation, sd cards, bluetooth, sat radio, etc. Would you seriously put the 1990 technology symphony I radio back in your car?
Believe it or not yes I am considering putting it back in because it doesn't look like it belongs there. Don't get me wrong I like all the added features but it looks rigged up in there. Hopefully this faceplate that is being talked about comes to life so I don't have to change it. Maybe I will just go aftermarket????

·
Registered
72 Posts
reserves said:
Me too. not sure why it all has to be one piece, maybe to save cutting down the RNS-E? Sure there's a good reason.

Looking forward to it!
The result will be abolutely OEM looking...not like a modified install. The bottom edge as well as the side gaps will be eliminated.

I'm close to a release...so hang in there!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm extremely interested in this when you have it ready for release...do you have an idea what the price will be yet? Hopefully not too expensive after spending so much money on the rest of the setup to get the RNS-E, bluetooth, multimedia interface, dvd player, and backup camera (not to mention the sub and amp in the trunk)...overall the nicest setup I've seen by far and I'd really love the faceplate in my B5 to look just as perfect as the functionality of the whole setup. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
los93sol said:
I'm extremely interested in this when you have it ready for release...do you have an idea what the price will be yet? Hopefully not too expensive after spending so much money on the rest of the setup to get the RNS-E, bluetooth, multimedia interface, dvd player, and backup camera (not to mention the sub and amp in the trunk)...overall the nicest setup I've seen by far and I'd really love the faceplate in my B5 to look just as perfect as the functionality of the whole setup. :)
I did a few polls on AW, AZ and Vortex before embarking on this project... price point seems to be between $100 and $175 depending on a few factors. We'll see.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd have to agree $175 is a bit much for what I'm assuming will be nothing more than a plastic faceplate replacement...guess I'll have to see some prototype pictures of it to really know what a fair price would be.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't have much faith in ever seeing these, LI-S4 has not been responding to messages as far as I can tell.

I also have contacts than can get these produced and will start looking into it now.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts