Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
I have spent countless hours reading forums and am amazed at the vast knowledge. This has inspired me to upgrade my 2003 A4 with Navigation. However, there is a clear evolution that has me confused. I purchased a Euro RNS-E with SW Version 0450. I have read that the conversion process requires a 2 step approach: 1. Faking the sofidx version # to 460 then 2. Vag Com and load US DVD to downgrade to 0150. However, I have read other posts of people not able to load US or Euro maps after the firmware update since the high version # (460) will not read lower versions. I am confused. I want to make sure the Euro SW 0450 can in fact be converted before proceeding. Thanks all!

357 Posts
SilverCab said:
I have read that the conversion process requires a 2 step approach: 1. Faking the sofidx version # to 460 then 2. Vag Com and load US DVD to downgrade to 0150. However, I have read other posts of people not able to load US or Euro maps after the firmware update since the high version # (460) will not read lower versions. I am confused. I want to make sure the Euro SW 0450 can in fact be converted before proceeding. Thanks all!
Yes, if you are running a patched US disc on a Euro RNS-E, you will have to do the 2 part step to fully convert it to the US version. With the first step, more important than changing the SOFIDX to 460, is that you must change the Video and Audio version to V222 instead of the original V220. After that, you must use vag com to set channel 97 to allow the downgrade with the 2007 USA navigation disc.

So you can indeed change it to a full US RNS-E.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts