Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help

RNS-E (on an 04 Allroad) died this morning. Was working perfectly and guided me to destination. Turned it off and now it won't turn on again. No power. Can't even do a reset as it won't turn on at all.

Any ideas before I have to go through the Gates of Hell that is Audi dealer service?

thanks

Ian

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I suppose you did check the fuses (one where all the other fuses are and one in the bck of the RNS-E)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
I suppose you did check the fuses (one where all the other fuses are and one in the bck of the RNS-E)?
How do I access the one in bcl of the RNS-E? I'm absolutely useless with any sort of automotive DIY. I'll probably makes things worse by fiddling! Just wondered if it was a known fault with an easy cure.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It's not common that the RNS-E stops working and if you don't have the tools to pull the RNS-E it's probably easier to see your dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
It's not common that the RNS-E stops working and if you don't have the tools to pull the RNS-E it's probably easier to see your dealer.
FIXED!! thanks to the information on this great forum. Searched the forum and found the RADIO + SETUP formula. Pressed the buttons and RNS-E instantly sprang back into life! Many thanks for this great resource. The Audi Nav manual was useless as it only tells you how to reboot under power, not reset when the unit won't power-up.

:)

(PS) Any idea what could have caused the crash?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
imw50 said:
Any idea what could have caused the crash?
All computers crash occasionally, just be glad the RNS-E doesn't run MS Windows!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
imw50 said:
AudiA4B6US said:
FIXED!! thanks to the information on this great forum. Searched the forum and found the RADIO + SETUP formula. Pressed the buttons and RNS-E instantly sprang back into life!

Btw: I've been searching and found nothing about that "radio + setup formula"... can anybody let us know which buttons should I press.

Cheers.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Funnily enough it's the 'Radio' and 'Set up' buttons

Hold them in both at the same time, takes about 10 seconds and you should see your RNS-E reset.

·
Registered
2 Posts
reserves said:
Funnily enough it's the 'Radio' and 'Set up' buttons

Hold them in both at the same time, takes about 10 seconds and you should see your RNS-E reset.

Cheers... actually my problem has been solved but thanks anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.