Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed my install of the following components into an Audi S4 2004 (B6):

RNS-E Verson C with the latest DVD and Video in motion hack provided by SteveZ1

OEM Bluetooth module version J provided by NSX JR

OEM CD changer purchased on ebay

OEM TV Tuner version D purchased on ebay

ADR V1 CAN interface from Automative Data Research

Valentine 1 remote radar detector

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their help and for the invaluable information on this site.

I have 80% of it functioning properly and would appreciate any infromation to get the remaining 20% up and running.

My issues are as follows:

Navigation: The unit is not finding any satelites. I mounted the antenna behind the instrument cluster as indicated on this site.

TV Tuner: I believe that the unit is coded for Europe and require the VAG settings for North America. When I VAG the unit it provides me with a fault stating that the antennas are either short or not connected. I am using a set of after market antennas with amplification. The indicator on the amps light up therefor I find it hard to believe that all four antennas are defective. Also, when I play a DVD through the AUX inputs, I only get a Black and White image with audio. I tried changing to NTSC from my RNS-E but I can't seem to get it to switch.

I am holding back on reassembling my vehicle until I can sort out the above mentionned issues. I would greatly appreciate any insight avilable in the community.

Thank you. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Navigation issue has been sorted out. I tried driving around for a while and the problem went away.

Just the TV TUner to sort out now!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
The black and white image problem sounds like you are missing either your V-sync connection or a ground wire. Is it only on DVDs or is your TV image also B&W? If it is DVD only, then perhaps your DVD player is bad... or the cable from the TV tuner to the DVD player is bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
The b&w issue could also be caused by incorrect PAL/NTSC settings. If the tuner is set to PAL but the player is playing NTSC the picture would only show up b&w.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
That's true...you can simply set the tuner to NTSC in the SETUP menu. Also, you can code the tuner to 00060 to indicate NTSC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The TV Tuner was in fact playing in Black in White because it was in PAL. I didn't realize that you had to set each source (TV TUner, AUX 1, AUX2) to NTSC.

I managed to get rid of the noise on the audio by grounding the chassis of the TV Tuner. My vehicle did not come with SAT Radio or TrunK mount NAV and therfore did not have the mounting barcket as illustrated by NSX jr. I had used a plastic mounting bracket........hence the noise.

I guess that covers all the issues I was having. Thank you for your help.

One issue that hasen't been resolved is my lack of a MFSW. This is a must using BT. I think that this will be my next project.

Cheers everyone!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
MFSW will be easy in your B6. If you have cruise control you should be able to just swap out the steering wheel and airbag, plug it in, code it with VAG and that's it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Easy as long as I stay with the six button MFSW. I believe that if I choose a newer version with the jog wheels, than I will have to follow the install that PROXUS performed.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top