Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my RNS-E in my 2006 A4 last week, everything worked fine. Drove it at night for the first time last weekend and it seems when the lights are on, i get a loud buzzing noise in the rear door speakers (both sides). Seems this buzzing only appears when the lights are on, turn them off, buzzing goes away. I'm almost at the point of disconnecting the rear door speakers:)

I have a 2006 A4 w/factory bluetooth & Sirius module w/a european RNS-E w/US firmware (latest)

thanks!
x

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
xaph00d said:
Installed my RNS-E in my 2006 A4 last week, everything worked fine. Drove it at night for the first time last weekend and it seems when the lights are on, i get a loud buzzing noise in the rear door speakers (both sides). Seems this buzzing only appears when the lights are on, turn them off, buzzing goes away. I'm almost at the point of disconnecting the rear door speakers:)

I have a 2006 A4 w/factory bluetooth & Sirius module w/a european RNS-E w/US firmware (latest)

thanks!
x
You've got a short somewhere either inside or outside the RNS-E. Verify all the connections in your wiring harness and once you have ruled that out, then your last choice is that your RNS-E has some faulty circuitry inside.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Do you have Bose?
And do you have retrofit Xenon headlamps?

I'm hoping your answers are ..... no and yes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No bose, and factory xenon

did some troubleshooting, when i unplug the red connector from the RNS harness (which seems to have the steering controls/sirius/rear speakers) buzzing goes away, but that could just be my rear speakers being disconnected.

I've ordered a new harness to see if that's the problem

x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was the harness the problem ? I also have an issue with noise from the rear speakers, and no audio after a RNS-E install. I previously had a RSN-D/Navi Plus. I had it working at first, but after testing this CD charger cable, then noise showed up. Is it possible that I've somehow damaged the RSN-E?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have almost the same problem... Retrofitted RNS-E and it work fine! Only when I want to listen a cd in the cd-changer the buzzing sound appears.It increases with speed and goes crazy when I use the blinkers.
With radio sound have no problems whatsoever!
No Bose, no xenon, a3 2.0tfsi

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have almost the same problem... Retrofitted RNS-E and it work fine! Only when I want to listen a cd in the cd-changer the buzzing sound appears.It increases with speed and goes crazy when I use the blinkers.
With radio sound have no problems whatsoever!
No Bose, no xenon, a3 2.0tfsi
Sounds like a grounding issue on your CD changer drsilviuro.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Sounds like a grounding issue on your CD changer drsilviuro.
Second that. IIRC the CD changer has a separate ground wire that must be connected to chassis.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So, after retrofitting RNS-E i should of pulled a separate wire and connect it to the chassis? That doesn't seem right. It worked fine before, with chorus...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
So, after retrofitting RNS-E i should of pulled a separate wire and connect it to the chassis? That doesn't seem right. It worked fine before, with chorus...
It's what I had to do when I swapped the Symphony II in my previous B6 S4 to an RNS-E ...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got the same problem. But my vehicle is a 2005 Audi A4 with Bose. When I turn the lights on their is a humming noise coming from the passenger door tweeter. When the lights are off, it goes away.
Any help would be appreciated!
Robert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts