Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got the RNS-E with the BT interface installed and even though I don't have a multi function steering wheel I coded both to think I would. I sent the CAN message a MFSW would send when pressing the MODE button (5C3 2 3C 2A) and I got voice control activated (I could hear the "ding"). So far so good.

I do have a couple of entries in the RNS-E directory (under NAME) and I do see the phone book of my PDA when I press the TEL button and go to MEMORY / PHONEBOOK. But when I say "play phonebook" (or so, I can't remember exactly) it says "the phonebook is empty".

Is there a third phonebook in the phone interface that is not linked to the directory in the RNS-E and to the phonebook in the PDA/mobile phone? Or am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Play phone book replays you the names for which you have assigned voice dials via STORE NAME or STORE NUMBER (which kinda is like there's a third phone book, I think the voice dials must be stored in the BT module).

If you had the MFSW, you could scroll through the phone book on your DIS, which I find much more convenient than using the voice commands -- I only use those for people I call very often :)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh, that makes sense. I think I will try to store some voice tags tonight and see if this works.

Thanks,
Dirk

·
Registered
175 Posts
What method are you using to send messages over CAN? Just curious as I have seen things mentioned before about people doing this.

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using a CAN2USB adapter I got from Europe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.