Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I will be taking the plunge and ordering an RNS-E unit, but I want to make sure I understand something first...

I had the OEM SAT tuner that came with my car and symphony II, but I read that the SAT tuner would not work with RNS-E, so I got rid of it. When I install the nav system, I am going to still want SAT radio, so I will have to get a new tuner right? Well, I talked to my dealer about ordering the updated SAT tuner that works with RNS-E and of course they knew nothing and tried talking me out of it...blah blah. Anyways, what will I have to do to make sure I have SAT radio when I swap out my symphony II for a new DVD Nav RNS-E unit? Do I just have to buy an upgraded tuner and plug it in? TIA

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you already had a SAT receiver installed, check the quick links for the correct part number and order an RNS-E adapter with support for a CD changer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep, I think that is the one I need. One thing though...it says something about tire pressure monitoring system. I do not have the tire pressure monitoring system, so will that be a problem or will it still work fine? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The newer receiver will work in any combination but the old one will not work if either TPMS or RNS-E are installed. If you get the "E" receiver you will be fine in any case.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
So the newer receiver will work in any combination but the old one will not work if either TPMS or RNS-E are installed. So if you get the "E" receiver you will be fine in any case.
Great! I really appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.