Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a major service on my A4. Had to replace the battery. When they reconnected, Stelaership said I had a failed DIS (just blank) and needed to get the cluster replaced - for $1600 Aus!!!!! :twisted:
Got home for the weekend and after seeing strange things happen on the way home (volume change, loss of channels, RNS-E screen blanking, DIS flashing etc etc) I thought there might be something wrong with the RNS-E affecting the DIS. :?
Disconnected, reinstalled - no change :? . Disconnected battery, reconnected - no change :? . Hooked up my Vag.com and checked settings and re-entered them all and ran tests - suddenly the DIS worked but not the RNS-E - wouldn't even power on. :(
Disconnected and reconnected the RNS-E (not fuse - rear connector) - Eureka - everything working perfectly again. :D :D :D
Happy now - saved big bucks for no problem! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Has anyone experienced this and have thoughts?
Thought I'd post this experience in case it happened to others.
BH

·
Registered
159 Posts
What amazes me is that they tried to charge you for replacing the instrument cluster. If it was working properly when they took the car from you and something they did caused it to fail (i.e. disconnecting the battery) then that's their problem and I'd argue that point with them until I was blue in the face!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts