Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kind of wanted to confirm that everyones system works like this...

I had my RNS-E coded for the DIS yesterday and everything seems to be working great.

I enabled the compass feature in the RNS-E settings and when I turn the car on, it shows me the compass on the DIS right from the start. I have to press the button on the stalk to change to the normal tempt/mpg/etc view.

Navigation directions also work without having to shut off the DIS (it seems at least) unlike some others that reported they have to shut off the DIS and then turn it back on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually don't mind it.

The other information that normally display doesn't have much use to see all the time...I don't need to see what song is playing and I don't need to see my MPG non-stop...so I actually prefer the compass. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't see a compass on the DIS at any time. I have the turns displaying on the DIS, but I did not "adapt" the NAV system for the car.

Works fine so far as I can tell.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The compass is an option in NAV, SETUP - you can enable or disable it by choice.

Especially with the colour DIS most people have the compass off - so that the display defaults to the full trip computer functions when you do not have active navigation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts